Mad Max: Fury Road

11:54

Director: George Miller
Starring: Tom Hardy, Charlize Theron, Nicholas Holt, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, Abbey-Lee Kershaw, Zoe Kravitz, Riley Keough, Courtney Eaton, Hugh Keays-Byrne, Meagan Gale

Tuesday night was date night at the movies for us. I've been waiting all year for Mad Max to come out, when I saw how many Aussies starred in it and my favourite actresses, I was so excited!

Mad Max: Fury Road is the fourth film from Director George Miller with the other three starring Mel Gibson. Fury Road is set 30 years on (in real life) from Mad Max 3 and is set in the post-apocalyptic Australian wasteland, even though it was filmed in the Namibia desert. The evil Immortan Joe (Keays-Byrne, who also plays the villain in the original Mad Max) now runs this weird cult thing with his gigantic son, actually real life gigantic son, and has complete control over water. Boys are 'War boys' and are zombie like with weird lumps and scars on them. Immortan Joe orders Imperator Furiosa (Theron) to drive a war rig to locate more gas. She soon detours and Joe finds out that she has taken his 5 wives, Splendid (Huntington-Whiteley), Toast (Kravitz), The Dag (Kershaw), Fragile (Eaton) and Capable (Keough) after they begged her to help them escape. Joe is furious and demands the war boys get them back especially as Splendid is carrying his child. Max gets caught up in all of this as he is a free ranger who gets captured by the War Boys but manages to escape. We catches up with Furiosa and together with the wives try to find the 'Green Land' - land that is green I'm guessing. Meagan Gale plays a small part, but a good part! I was also really impressed with Kershaw's acting skills, she basically plays a very odd, very strong Australian accent, funny character. I was also so happy to see that Courtney Eaton comes from Bunbury which is only 3 hours away!

This movie is completely action packed, complete with their own War Boy base player who makes everything way more dramatic. I literally could not take my eyes off the screen and was moving around nervously in my chair, thoroughly annoying Rhys. I had heard that George Miller would consider another movie depending on the success of Fury Road and it has finally been confirmed THERE WILL BE! Hopefully starring the same Aussie babes! The effects were beyond amazing and when I researched it, most of them were the real thing, George Miller wanted lots and lots of colour. Rhys and I saw this in 'Xtreme Screen' at Hoyts which made it even more captivating!




You Might Also Like

0 comments

INSTAGRAM