Chappie

14:27

Director - Neill Blomkamp
Starring - Sharlto Copley, Dev Patel, Hugh Jackman, Yolandi Visser and Ninja (Die Antwoord)

After I had finished cooking up a storm in the kitchen, my favourite chicken pesto pasta mmmm, Rhys and I watched Chappie. Again, I had already seen the trailers thanks to my obsession with IMDB, it got my attention when I saw that Die Antwoord were starring in it! Wooo I love them!!

Chappie is about a young inventor, Deon (Dev Patel) who creates robots to become police officers. There are thousands of robot cops everywhere but they are all programmed to do the same thing, fight crime ra ra ra. Deon's real passion is creating a robot that can feel the same way humans do with real emotion and real feelings. After Deon's request to test his 'emotion feeling robot' program on a broken robot is rejected by his boss, he breaks all the rules, steals it and attempts to take it home. Yolandi and Ninja are gangstas stuck in trouble with a huge ass bad man and try to stop all the robot cops from operating, they try to find their creator to shut them all down. As Deon is leaving his work with the broken robot he is stopped by Die Antwoord and is questioned about stopping the robot cops and his creepy broken robot in the back of his car. Die Antwoord soon take interest in the new robot they think they can turn into a 'killing machine' to help them with their crimes.

Chappie is successfully booted thanks to Deon's program and basically starts out with a baby brain. Deon and Die Antwoord have an agreement where Chappie must stay with them and Deon can visit for training. As Chappie becomes smarter he promises Deon, his maker, that he cannot commit crime or kill anyone and finds out that a promise cannot be broken. For Ninja to turn him into a killing machine he has to lie to him to think he is doing good things for them. I don't want to carry on too much more, I don't want to spoil it!

Chappie is actually one of the best movies I have seen in a long time, I could not stop laughing! It left me wanting to watch it all over again! Highly recommend! The whole soundtrack is Die Antwoord - the best!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

INSTAGRAM