She's Funny That Way

14:13

Director: Peter Bogdanovich
Starring: Imogen Poots, Jennifer Aniston, Owen Wilson, Rhys Ifans, Kathryn Hahn

After what felt like a really long week but was only a short week at work, when Friday night came around I was pooped! It was absolutely freezing in our house, as it always is for some crazy reason (I am really not coping well with having central heating on all night and neither is our bank account) so after dinner I jumped straight into bed - actually I jumped into bed with dinner.

She's Funny That Way got my attention when I saw Jennifer Aniston in it, obviously everything she stars in is just fabulous and Rhys Ifans just cracks me up taking me back to Notting Hill days. Kathryn Hahn from Step Brothers "I wan't to curl you up and place you into my vagina" I thought it would be super funny!

The movie starts with Imogen Poots character Izi/Isabella Patterson in the middle of an interview talking about her life. You soon find out that Izi is a prostitute/call girl who is trying to save some money to get into acting. One night Izi is sent on a job to a hotel to meet with Derek (Wilson). They go to dinner and all that jazz, but after an intimate session in le bedroom, Derek asks Izi to stop being a call girl and pursue her dreams of being an actress and he will give her $30k to help her on her way! Izi obviously accepts and goes to an agent to become an actress. Her first audition is for a play about a call girl - haha perfect! When she arrives to the audition the director is Derek, who is married to Delta who is also starring in the play (Hahn).

The story goes on in all different directions involving all types of characters but in most parts is really funny. Jennifer Aniston's character make me laugh so so sooooo much, I just love her. An annoying part is the fact that Imogen Poots who is English has a Brooklyn accent the whole way through - little bit frustrating but must admit she does do it well.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

INSTAGRAM