Home

13:16

Director: Tim Johnson
Starring: Jim Parsons, Rihanna, Steve Martin, Jennifer Lopez, Matt Jones

After we had a wild night at ours on Saturday which involved many bottles of SSB and Red Rooster, I was feeling pretty dusty Sunday morning. I needed a kids, feel good movie to get me through the day. I love kids movies so much especially when they star Sheldon from the Big Bang Theory as the lead voice.

Jim Parsons is the voice of 'Oh' who is a Boov - a weird, mainly purple but colour-changing-when-experiencing-new-emotions, alien. You can actually picture Jim Parsons when Oh speaks - it's brilliant! Boov's are constantly changing planets due to the Gorg. The Gorg is a big scary, also alien, thing that chase the Boov and so the plan is to move planets and try and stay hidden. Next planet on their agenda is EARTH! Oh also has no friends and all he wants is to fit in, bless. As the Boov take over Earth they evcuate all humans but accidentally leave Tip (voiced by Rihanna) and her Cat called Pig behind. On Tip's quest to find out where the Boov took her mum, she meets Oh and together begin a quest of a different kind.

Home definitely made me smile when I couldn't move from the couch with my pile of junk food. The fact that the cat is called Pig is just brilliant! Rihanna does really really well at bringing Tip alive, even if she does play a 7 year old. Can't wait to watch it all over again with my nephew!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

INSTAGRAM