The Lazarus Effect

18:06

Director - David Gelb
Starring - Mark Duplass, Olivia Wilde, Sarah Bolger, Evan Peters, Donald Glover


On this horrible and rainy sunday after I finished cleaning the house and watching the football, I sat down on my extremely comfy couch and chose The Lazarus Effect to watch. I had already watched the three trailers they had released on IMDB and couldn't wait to get into it. I'm normally not into sci-fi, sciency films but the fact that this had Olivia Wilde (babe), Evan Peters (also babe) AND CHILDISH GAMBINO (Donald Glover) i had to dedicate time to it.

The Lazarus Effect is about a couple, Doctors Zoe and Frank who have developed this special serum that is potentially going to bring humans back to life - something to do with le brain. They first test it out on a pooch, a cute pooch. I had to turn away at first in case something bad happened to the already dead dog as it upsets me (huge animal lover here) but all was good as they were successful, Rocky the pup is alive! Everyone is super happy with their 'creation' until the dog starts developing scary and destructive behaviours. Soon after, their funds get cut and their work gets shut down, over 4 years of research gone - byebye. Everyone is sad and feeling rebelious as they sneak back into the lab where Zoe gets electrocuted accidentally. Much to everyones disappointment, Frank decided to inject the serum into Zoe to bring her back to life, and it works! surprise, surprise. Zoe comes back basically as the devil and kills everyone including Childish Gambino - NOOOOOOOOO!

As it is classified a horror, I didn't find it that entertaining or scary! It was over quickly and didn't really leave me wanting to do my usual research after it finished. I felt there was a huge lead up to this film and was super disappointed.




You Might Also Like

0 comments

INSTAGRAM