Barely Lethal

11:51

Director: Kyle Newman
Starring: Samuel L Jackson, Jaime King, Jessica Alba, Hailee Steinfield, Sophie Turner, Steve O

After my Dry July efforts, my sister in law bought me a golden ticket (a night of allowed drinking) so I could engage in a few beverages for my mid-year work function. So on Friday night, I made my way down the cocktail list enjoying every taste! Saturday morning however was not friendly, I was feeling seedy as Rhys woke up at 6 to play golf! ugghhh! Back to bed for me, but annoyingly I couldn't sleep. So I watched a couple of episodes of Finding Carter (AGAIN) and caught up on Pretty Little Liars, then decided to watch Barely Lethal!

Barely Lethal is the story of a teenage special ops agent (Steinfield) who decides to fake her own death and convert to a normal adolescence by enrolling into a suburban high school as an exchange student. She learns that surviving high school is harder than her assignments taking out bad guys. Megan, (steinfield) does all her relevant research, watches Mean Girls, 10 Things I Hate About You and buys every gossip magazine. Jessica Alba plays bad girl Knox who is so damn dreamy in this role! Her blonde locks and amazing body, gah she is amazing.

The movie was like a classic high school, girl-goes-for-the-wrong-guy-who-is-hot-but-really-loves-her-best-friend-happy-ending-woo movie. It was good to cure my hangover but was fairly average with a fairly average ending.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

INSTAGRAM